Through a network of local offices, branches and strategic partners, we have a global presence in over 20 countries and are well-positioned as Asia’s leading financial gateway.
Who we are?
CGS-CIMB Securities (Thailand) Co., Ltd. (“CGS-CIMB”) is one of the leading integrated financial service providers in Thailand.
“CGS-CIMB Securities (Thailand) Co., Ltd.” (CGS-CIMB) was registered in Thailand on 22 October, 1999. The company registration number is 0105542081800.
The company officially started operations on 1 February, 2000 under the name of "Thai Thanakit Securities Co., Ltd." (TTS).
The company operates in the securities business under “The Finance and Securities Business Separation Project” of “Krungthai Thanakit Finance and Securities (Public) Co., Ltd." (KTT).
- On 28 February, 2002, it changed its registered name to "BT Securities Company Limited" (BTSec). Bank Thai Bank (Public) Limited was the largest shareholder with a 99.99 percent stake. Later, Bank Thai bank changed its name to CIMB Thai Bank (Public) (CIMB Thai Bank), a subsidiary of CIMB Group Holdings Berhad (CIMBGH).
- On 11 September, 2009, it changed its registered name to "CIMB Securities (Thailand) Company Limited" (CIMBS). In 2012, CIMB Thai Bank agreed to sell all shares to CIMB Securities International PTE LTD (CSI), a juristic entity in Singapore and a subsidiary of CIMBGH.
- On 15 February, 2018, it changed its registered name to "CGS-CIMB Securities (Thailand) Co., Ltd." (CGS-CIMB) after CIMB Group Holdings Berhad ("CIMBGH") and China Galaxy Securities Co. Ltd. (China Galaxy), a juristic entity in China, agreed to be strategic partners through their respective subsidiaries – CIMB Group Sdn Bhd and China Galaxy International Financial Holdings Limited – with a 50% stake each in CSI. Currently, CSI was changed name to be CGS-CIMB Securities International PTE LTD (CGS-CSI).
On December 7, 2021, China Galaxy International Financial Holdings Limited increased its stake in CGS-CSI to 74.99% and CIMB Group Sdn Bhd held a 25.01% stake in CGS-CSI.
Through a network of local offices, branches and strategic partners, we have a global presence in over 20 countries, providing a truly Asian perspective. We are well-positioned as Asia’s leading financial gateway with a core focus on well researched and in-depth analysis on financial products.
We are a customer-centric firm and focus on value creation for clients, offering a suite of investment and financial solutions for retail and institutional clients. Our businesses include retail broking, institutional equities, derivatives, prime services, equities research, wealth management and online broking.
- Securities business license (Full License) (by Ministry of Finance)
- Derivatives Trading License (Sor-1) (by The Securities and Exchange Commission)
- Foreign Business License (by Ministry of Commerce)
- Currency Future License (by Ministry of Finance)
- Authorized Securities Company License (by Ministry of Finance)
- Letter to be the Selling and/or Redemption Agent for Unit Trusts (by the Securities and Exchange Commission)
- Letter to be a Financial Advisor (by the Securities and Exchange Commission)
Membership in Securities Business
- Member of Stock Exchange of Thailand No. 7
- Member of Futures Market No. 32
- Member of Thai Bond Market Association (CGS-CIMB)
Board of Directors
- Mrs. Chan Yuen May
- Mr. Kasem Prunratanamala
- Mr. See Kiong Low
- Mrs. Swee Liang Carolina Chan (Chairman)
- Mr. Patcharanon Cheevakrianggrai (Chief Executive Officer)
- Mr.Ping Tak Leung
The company has an issued and paid-up capital THB 1,800,000,000, divided into 180,000,000 shares THB 10 each
- Juristic person of Singapore, Name: “CGS-CIMB Securities International PTE. LTD.” Shareholding amount 179,999,994 stocks (as Major Shareholder with a 99.99 percent stake).
- Individual persons
Shareholding amount 6 stocks.
Offices of Company
130-132 Sindhorn Tower 2, 2nd, 3rd Floor and Sindhorn Tower 3, 12th Floor
Wireless Road, Lumpini, Pathumwan, Bangkok 10330
Telephone: +66 2841 9000 Fax: +66 2841 9096
- Bangkok Area: 7 full-fledged branches
- Up-country Area: 9 full-fledged branches
As of 31 December 2022
- Total Assets 10,499.81 M.B.
- Total Liabilities 7,617.80 M.B.
EY Company Ltd.
Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
Mr. Patcharanon Cheevakrianggrai
- Mr. Patcharanon Cheevakrianggrai, Chief Executive Officer
- Mr. See Kiong Low, Deputy CEO, Finance & Operations
- Mr. Kasem Prunratanamala, Head of Research
Corporate Governance Polily (https://www.cgs-cimb.co.th/cgscimbresourcesth/resources/Corporate Governance2023.pdf)
Vision and Mission
CGS-CIMB aims to be a leading and trusted financial services group in Asia.
We connect people.
Leveraging our strong research capability, wide networks and backing from our formidable shareholders, we create value for investors through our extensive suite of financial services and solutions built with a deep understanding of Asia.
Our strong talent around the world
If people are the cornerstone of all businesses, then the depth and breadth of our talent give us our competitive edge. With a strong bench strength of over 2,000 across nine countries, and strategic alliances forged with six trusted joint venture partners worldwide, we stay at the forefront of the industry and bring innovative financial solutions to our clients’ doorstep.